This article describes the resolution of an error, which occurs when sending a fax with an attachment through GFI FaxMaker. The sender receives a report with the following error:
1705 : Document Conversion Timeout. The extension specified is not listed in the allowed extensions list in the document conversion section in the fax server configuration.
- GFI FaxMaker
- All supported environments
This issue occurs when GFI FaxMaker is not configured to support the attachment conversion for the specific file type extension. The configuration is also present in the allowed extensions list in doccvt.ini.
Add the file extension of the attached file to the list of allowed extensions in GFI FaxMaker configuration as follow:
- Ensure the program that handles the attachment is installed on the GFI FaxMaker machine.
- Add the file extension to the allowed extension list under the document conversion tab of the GFI FaxMaker configuration:
- Open the GFI FaxMaker Configuration.
- Open the Advanced tree.
- Select Document Conversion properties.
- Enter the extension in the Extension field.
- Click Add. The entry should now appear in the list of allowed extensions.
- Click OK.
Example: If .XLS files are being attempted; enter
XLSin the extension field and
- Close and restart the GFI FaxMaker services.