After reducing the number of lines you may encounter the error "The number of configured lines is above the license limit" when accessing the lines/device settings.
The old line configuration is in the database which holds the FaxMaker configuration and even though the lines have been removed in the MMC without a service restart
To resolve this you will need to remove and re-add the lines in the GFI FaxMaker configuration. Please proceed as follows:
- From Programs, open the FaxMaker Configuration
- Go to Configuration > Lines/Devices > Properties
- Remove each line (taking note of any custom configuration you may have applied to each line)
- After all of the lines are removed, re-add them once again by clicking the Add button and selecting the right drivers from the drop-down list
- Re-start the GFI FaxMaker services
After reducing the number of licensed lines, the configuration holds still old information. The lines/device properties do not show them due to current license limitations.