You may experience faxes failing in general or faxes to a specific number are failing when sent. This article provides information on a possible solution to this issue when using a Brooktrout device.
When these errors occur, the Brooktrout CED timeout setting may not be long enough to accommodate longer ring times. Follow the instructions below
- Browse to C:\Program Files (x86)\GFI\FaxMaker\brooktrout\TR1034\Boston\Config.
- Open btcall.cfg with a text editor (e.g. Notepad).
- Change the CED_timeout value from 4000 (default) to 8000.
- Save the btcall.cfg file.
- From the service.msc, restart the Brooktrout Boston Host service, then restart the FaxMaker services.
After making the changes to the btcall.cfg file, the time the Brooktrout card waits for CED tone from the recipient will be extended allowing the fax call to be set up and completed.