Asian characters that are embedded in PDF attachments of outbound faxes are not readable in converted fax files.
Any FaxMaker installation with Adobe Reader installed on the fax server.
The Asian and Extended Language Pack for Adobe Reader must be installed on the FaxMaker server, and PDF must be added as an extension allowed for document conversion.
- Install the Asian and Extended Language Pack for Adobe Reader on the FaxMaker server. This can be found at the Adobe Reader 11.0.09 Font Packs - Asian and Extended Language Pack.
- Open GFI FaxMaker configuration console.
- Go to Advanced > Document conversion > Properties.
- Type pdf into the Extension field under the File extension list allowed for conversion.
- Click the Add button and confirm the change by clicking OK.
- Restart GFI FaxMaker FaxServer and MTA services.
After applying the language packs and using Adobe Acrobat for external conversion, the characters will be legible and clear.