Learn how to upgrade your FaxMaker license key to the latest version. This is required when migrating or upgrading FaxMaker to a different major version than the one currently installed.
Any FaxMaker license which is not the current major version.
Upgrading to a major release of any GFI product (for example, from version 10 to 11) usually requires updating your license key through the GFI Accounts Portal. However, upgrading to a minor release (for example, from version 10.1 to 10.5) does not require updating to a new license key to continue using the product.
Follow these steps to update license keys to the current version:
- Log into the GFI Accounts Portal.
- Navigate to your license key.
- Select the key you want to update by selecting the ellipsis to the right of the key and select details.
- Click on the gear located in the upper right corner, then select upgrade.
- Click on Free version upgrade if you have a valid SMA. This option allows you to update to the latest version's license key for free.
Note: The screenshot example below shows a free version upgrade option for GFI FaxMaker.
- Click Confirm to upgrade the key to the latest version, in this case, FaxMaker version 20. Select Cancel if you are currently not ready to upgrade the key yet.
Once complete, you will see the new version located in the upper left. The key which is blocked for security reasons in the screenshot will be different than the previous key. Ensure to copy the key to store for your records and use it in the software when upgrading to the current version.