FaxMaker can be configured to work with Message Media SMS service. This article gives directions for setting this up in the FaxMaker Configuration.
- When using the Message Media SMS service, ensure that users always include the country code of recipients.
- The Message Media SMS service does not support Unicode.
- GFI FaxMaker uses HTTPS port 443 to communicate with Message Media servers. Ensure that this port is open on your firewall.
Configure the following options:
- From GFI FaxMaker Configuration, right-click SMS and select Properties.
- In General tab, select Enable SMS Gateway.
- Select Message Media Service.
- Select the following options and click Edit... to configure:
Your Message Media username.
Your Message Media password. SMS Receive Polling Interval Key in the frequency in minutes for GFI FaxMaker to check for new incoming SMS.
- Click OK.
To verify settings click Send test.... Key in a test recipient Number to send SMS to and customize the Text message. Click Send to send the test message. Verify that the test SMS is received by the test recipient.