This article describes how to upgrade a GFI Directory installation to the latest version while retaining all settings.
Important notes before upgrading
- Ensure that your server meets the system requirements.
- The upgrade is not reversible; you cannot downgrade to the previous version that you had installed.
- You can use the moving user list article to make a backup of your current GFI Directory users.
- Log on to your current GFI Directory server as an administrator or an account with administrative privileges.
- It is advisable to turn off any anti-virus during the upgrade procedure.
- Download the GFI Directory installer on the server where GFI Directory is currently installed. The 32-bit and 64-bit installers are available from the GFI DIrectory installers article.
- Right-click the newly downloaded installer and choose Properties. From the General tab, click Unblock and then Apply. This step is required to prevent the operating system from blocking certain actions by the installer.
- Launch the installer.
- Follow the wizard steps to start the upgrade installation. The new version of GFI Directory is automatically installed in the same directory as the previously installed version. Please review the installing GFI Directory article for more information on the wizard procedure.