This article provides information about the error Operation Failed. Reinstall FaxMaker or contact GFI Support.
Any FaxMaker installation.
When troubleshooting FaxMaker user management issues, the key thing to remember is if FaxMaker cannot access the user management system (Active Directory or GFI Directory) this error usually occurs.
This article will be addressing the use of Active Directory (AD) as this is most commonly seen with this directory service.
This consists of the user opening the FaxMaker Configuration does not have the correct permissions to access AD.
Follow the instructions below for resolution:
- Verify the FaxMaker service account meets the requirements listed in the Requirements of the FaxMaker service account article.
- The screenshot below shows how to find this user from the services.msc.
- Log out of the server
- Log back into the server as the GFI FaxMaker Fax Server service account user.
- Verify the FaxMaker Configuration opens when logged in as the service account user.
- Once verified the FaxMaker Configuration opens as the service account, you can log in with another domain user as the service account user verified proper operation.
The FaxMaker Configuration will open by a user with the correct AD permissions.