When testing or hearing from fax senders, you find you are not receiving faxes and you are using a FoIP solution. This article provides steps to checking the Windows Firewall to see if it is blocking these faxes.
- In your FaxMaker server, Navigate to Control Panel > Windows Firewall > Customize Settings (Turn Windows Firewall on or off)
- Turn off the firewall for the correct network type. As this is only a temporary test, turning off the firewall for all network types can be done.
- Once the firewall is turned off, test with some inbound faxes.
- If you find the faxes are still not arriving in FaxMaker, troubleshooting will need to continue further upstream. This could include in your PBX, call manager, SBC or provider, depending on the device that is routing the inbound faxes to the FaxMaker server.
- If you find the faxes are now arriving on the FaxMaker server with the Windows Firewall disabled, then follow the next steps to add a rule
- Follow the Microsoft article for creating an inbound port rule to create a new firewall rule for FoIP with FaxMaker. Port numbers are as follows for default ports:
- SIP: 5060
- H.323: 1720
- Test the new rule with inbound faxes to confirm the rule is operating properly.
Once the new Windows Firewall rule is in place, inbound faxes will now be received by the FaxMaker server.