A blank database may be required for new archiving or migrating information from a previous database. This article provides instructions for creating a new blank Firebird Database for Archiving in FaxMaker.
Follow the steps below to create a Firebird archive database for FaxMaker:
- From Programs, open FaxMaker configuration
- Select Archiving from the left side and from the right select properties
- Select the Archive to Database tab
- Select the checkbox next to Enable database archiving and select the setup database button
- Select the Firebird database radio button and use the default location and name of C:\Program Files (x86)\GFI\FaxMaker\Data\Databases\FaxMakerArchive.fdb
- Select the Test button at the bottom right and when the pop up appears stating the database does not exist, would you like to create it, select yes. Once you select yes, a popup will appear stating the database test succeeded.
- Select OK on the Database configuration window and then select OK again on the Archiving properties
- When the Message appears requesting to restart the FaxMaker Attendant Service, select yes
Upon completion, if the default location ( C:\Program Files (x86)\GFI\FaxMaker\data\databases ) is used the new blank FaxMakerArchive.fdb will be present.