This article provides instructions, for customers using FaxMaker version 19, on how to resolve the error "Operation Failed. Reinstall FaxMaker or contact GFI Support" if upgrading is not an option at the time.
This solution requires a patch that can be downloaded here.
Installing the patch requires the following steps:
- Right-click Start and select Run
- Type services.msc and select OK
- Stop the GFI FaxMaker services
- Right-click the ZIP file and then click Properties
- In the "General" tab, click "Unblock"
- Unpack the zip file and view the files it contains.
- Find the corresponding original files (EXEs or DLLs etc) in the installation directory and ADD a .old extension to the end of each filename or move it to a different location but please retain in case the patch needs to be reverted.
In the case it is an FXD file please remove it from the installation directory and retain it in case it needs to be reverted.
- Copy in the replacement DLL or EXE files.
- Restart services stopped in step 3 and open the FaxMaker Configuration.
After the successful application of the downloaded patch on version 19, the FaxMaker Configuration will open properly.