The purpose of this article is to provide information about configuring another gateway(s) for use with additional SIP providers in the Brooktrout Configuration Tool for sending faxes from FaxMaker.
FaxMaker versions 20.1 and higher using Brooktrout fax over IP (FoIP) fax devices.
Follow the steps below to add an additional gateway to the Brooktrout SR140 configuration.
- From Programs, open the Brooktrout Configuration Tool by right-clicking and run as administrator.
- If the Brooktrout Configuration Wizard appears, select the advanced mode button on the bottom left.
- If the Brooktrout Configuration Tool preferences box appears, select OK.
- Once the Brooktrout Configuration Tool is open, in the left pane, expand IP Control Modules and select SIP or H.323 depending on the protocol being used in your environment. (SIP is used in the example screenshot)
- In the right pane, select the IP Parameters tab.
- The three lines highlighted in the red box on the IP Parameters tab are where you will enter the IP address and port of the additional gateways that will be used.
- Once the new information has been added, select Save and Apply from the top Ribbon. This will save the information in the configuration and restart the Boston Brooktrout Service with the changes in place.
- From the Services Console, Start the FaxMaker Fax Server Service.
Upon completion of the steps above the additional gateway will now be available for sending faxes if the Primary Gateway fails.