This article provides information for adding users in bulk when in an Active Directory environment. This will mostly pertain to if you have users on one server and would like to add them to another server, as with a migration.
Any FaxMaker installation in an Active Directory
If you have another FaxMaker installation and you would like to copy the users from one installation to another, follow the steps below to complete this task. If you are just trying to import a list of users, you can start in step 5 and create a list of user names you would like to import.
- On the old FaxMaker server, from Programs, open the FaxMaker Configuration.
- In the left panel, right-click the Licensed user's node and select Export List
- Enter the name of the file and select save.
- The output file is a text file, so open with your text editor of choice. This can also be done with a spreadsheet program such as Microsoft Excel.
- The items listed under the Name column will be what is required. Move this document to the new server where you would like to import the new users.
- Copy the name column.
- From Programs, open the FaxMaker Configuration and select the Licensed user's node.
- Select New licensed user/group.
- Paste the items from the Name column into the Select users or groups box and select OK.
- The import should take place now. You may need to select a specific group or users if the names are similar as the import proceeds.
Upon completion of the steps above, the users from the old server will now be imported to the new server.