When adding a new Brooktrout device to your system, you may experience uninitialized lines when attempting to add the lines in FaxMaker or you are trying to add lines to a digital card. This article provides instructions about how to add new fax lines when adding a new Brooktrout device to your system.
Any FaxMaker system which uses a Brooktrout fax device.
- After the Brooktrout device has been added to the server, please do the following:
- From Programs, open the Brooktrout Configuration Tool by right-clicking and run as administrator.
- If the Brooktrout Configuration Wizard appears, select the advanced mode button on the bottom left.
- If the Brooktrout Configuration Tool preferences box appears, select OK.
- In the left pane, expand the Call Control Parameters node to show the cards recognized by the driver.
- Select each card that will be used.
- From the top ribbon select Save and then select Apply to save the configuration and restart the Brooktout Boston service with the new settings in place.
- From Programs, open the FaxMaker Configuration.
- Select Lines and devices from the left pane.
- In most scenarios, you will only be adding lines. These lines will not be detected and have to be added manually. The Adding Fax Lines article will give more information about this.
- When adding Brooktrout lines, be sure when adding the fax device type, to select the Brooktout device with enough channels for all of your devices combined. For example, in the scenario in the screenshot above there is a 4 line card and an 8 line card, so at least 12 lines would need to be selected, with 16 being the closest option, in the screenshot below.
- When all of the lines are added select OK to close the Lines and devices properties and select Yes to restart the FaxMaker Fax Server Service so the changes are in effect.
After completing the steps above, the new lines on the new device will be added.