The purpose of this article is to provide steps to edit the subject and body of admin emails that are sent to FaxMaker administrators.
Any FaxMaker installation.
To customize the template of administrative emails:
- Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\GFI\FaxMaker\data\templates (the default installation path).
- Select the email template you would like to alter (There are a few templates in other languages in the de, it and es folders).
- Open and edit the template using the text editor of your choice. Please avoid using Microsoft Word as it has a tendency to improperly place html tags.
- Once open we can see the subject and the body of the email. Editing the subject, if required, is as simple as editing the subject field.
- Editing the body of the email can be done in two ways. If you receive plain text emails, which most customers do not, you can edit the words at the top of the template in the second red box in the screenshot above. If you receive HTML emails, then you will need to scroll down in the HTML code and edit the wording there, as in the screenshot below.
- Upon completion of the edit, save the file and test. In this example, the welcome admin template was edited, so we would add a new admin and check the welcome email that is received.
When testing the edits made in the steps above, the email will appear how you would like, from the way it was edited.