The purpose of this article is to provide instructions on what to do when your FaxMaker server reboots and you can no longer send faxes from email.
Any FaxMaker installation where faxes are sent via email using the IIS SMTP server installed on the FaxMaker server.
The cause of this is the startup type of the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol is set to manual. To resolve this we will set it to automatic by following the steps below.
- Right-click the Start button and select Run.
- Type services.msc and select OK.
- When the console opens scroll down to the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP).
- Right-click the SMTP service and select properties.
- On the General tab, select the dropdown next to Startup type and select Automatic and select OK.
- Right-click the SMTP service again and select Restart.
- To test this, you can reboot the FaxMaker server now, and verify in the services.msc that the service is started when you log back in.
After setting the IIS SMTP to automatic, after a reboot or power failure, the service will restart after the server comes back up.