The purpose of this article is to provide steps to solve call failed 46 when communicating with a 3CX phone system.
Any FaxMaker installation using XCAPI in communication with a 3CX phone system.
This is usually caused by an invalid CLIP which Faxmaker pulls from the user's directory service. Follow the instructions below to set the CLIP value
- Open the Registry Editor on the GFI FaxMaker server by right-clicking the Start button and selecting Run. Type Regedit and select OK.
- Navigate to one of the following locations:
32-bit HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ GFI Fax & Voice \ FAXmaker \ Config
64-bit file HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Wow6432Node \ GFI Fax & Voice \ FAXmaker \ Config
- Create a DWORD value named: UseLocalIdForClip.
- Change the value of the DWORD you just created to 1.
- Create a DWORD value named: UseSenderFaxNumber and set it to 0.
- Close the registry editor.
- From Programs, open the FaxMaker Configuration and select Lines and Devices and click Properties.
- Select a line and click Properties.
- Click the Line Options tab.
- Set the Local Fax ID to a number that the telephone system can accept and select OK.
- Repeat steps 8 through 10 for each line.
- Click OK to close the Lines and Devices dialogue box and OK to the FaxMaker fax server service restart prompt.
After making the changes listed above, the CLIP value assigned in the FxMaker Configuration will be accepted by the 3CX telephone system and the outbound faxes will work properly.