The purpose of this article is to provide solution steps for when receiving error Brooktrout service will not start Code 31. In the event logs, the error states 'no operational channels, unable to start.
Any FaxMaker installation using a Brooktrout ISDN device, such as a Dialogic Diva.
When this error is given, the service cannot start as it cannot connect with a channel (line) setup in FaxMaker for this device.
- First, remove all of the lines in FaxMaker as per the accessing lines and devices article in step 2.
- Add new lines using the adding new lines article.
- When adding new lines, be sure your line type is consistent with the type of device you are using. For example, if using a Dialogic Diva BRI 2, then you would select the ISDN BRI Capi 2.0 devices from the device type dropdown and select OK. Then under ISDN type, select the Eicon Diva Server BRI-2M.
- Once the new lines have been added and the services have been restarted, the Diva software should now detect the usable channels and the service will now start and make the system usable again.
- If the reconfiguration steps do not allow the service to start, using the reinstalling FaxMaker article to reinstall FaxMaker. Once reinstalled, setup the lines as in steps 1 through 4.
After configuring the FaxMaker configuration with operational channels after reconfiguration of the lines or reinstallation.