When using the Brooktrout FD (Fax Diagnostic) Tool for troubleshooting possible issues with a Brooktrout board or fax failures, you have faxes working with the FDTool but not working from FaxMaker. This article gives steps to copy the Brooktrout configuration location from the FDTool to the FaxMaker Brooktrout configuration location.
This solution assumes you already have been using the Brooktrout FDTool and are familiar with its folder locations.
To transfer the configuration from the FDTool to the FaxMaker Brooktrout installation, please follow the steps below.
- Stop the Brooktrout Boston Host Service and the FaxMaker services from the services.msc.
- Open the FaxMaker Brooktrout configuration folder located here: C:\Program Files (x86)\GFI\FaxMaker\Brooktrout\TR1034\Boston\Config.
- Rename the btcall.cfg and callctrl.cfg to btcall.cfg.old and callctrl.cfg.old, respectively.
- Locate and navigate to the FDTool folder location downloaded and extracted using the article above.
- Open the config folder and copy the btcall.cfg and callctrl.cfg files to the C:\Program Files (x86)\GFI\FaxMaker\Brooktrout\TR1034\Boston\Config folder.
- From Programs, open the Brooktrout Configuration Tool and confirm the configuration.
- Verify the max DID digits are set correctly using the Faxes Not Routing Properly When Using a Brooktrout Fax Device article.
- Select Apply from the top ribbon bar to apply the settings and start the Brooktrout Boston Host service.
- Start the FaxMaker services that were stopped in step 1.
- Now you can test your faxing using the Brooktrout fax device and FaxMaker.
After using the steps above to transfer the FDTool configuration to the current FaxMaker Brooktrout configuration, if the faxing was working using FDTool, then the faxing should be working when using FaxMaker with the Brooktrout device.