This article gives information for verifying which of your fax numbers ring into FaxMaker to receive a fax.
If you dial the fax number you would like to test and receive anything other than fax tone, verify your fax numbers ring into FaxMaker by following the steps below:
- Log into the FaxMaker Web Interface.
- Hover over the Monitor tab and select Fax Lines.
- Here the fax lines can be viewed.
- Click the Refresh rate and select 5sec, the lowest interval as shown in the screenshot below.
- From a phone, dial the fax number in question.
- If the phone system in use is routing calls for this number to FaxMaker, then the line should show ringing as the screenshot below.
- If the line does not show ringing, the fax number in question is not being routed to FaxMaker.
After reviewing the information above, you will be able to determine if a fax line is routed to FaxMaker in your environment.