After an upgrade or migration, the FaxMaker Configuration may not display your specific configuration details, such as routing or API folders, etc... This article provides steps on how to restore the configuration details to the FaxMaker Configuration.
If after you upgrade, you observe the FaxMaker configuration is not present in the FaxMaker Configuration MMC. There are two possible solutions as well as manual configuration if these solutions are not successful or you do not have a backup of your configuration.
Close the FaxMaker Configuration, if open and from the services.msc, stop all FaxMaker services.
- Navigate to the FaxMaker installation directory, C:\Program Files (x86)\GFI\FaxMaker by default.
- Locate the file fmcfgupg.exe and right-click and select run as administrator.
- Once complete, and you have re-entered your license key if required, Open the FaxMaker Configuration and confirm if the configuration is now available. If it is not, proceed to Solution 2.
If solution 1 was not successful in populating the FaxMaker configuration, then a backup will have to be used to reinstall FaxMaker. Follow the steps below to complete this:
- Using the Reinstall FaxMaker article, uninstall FaxMaker and after completing step 8 continue with the steps below, before completing the Reinstalling FaxMaker article.
- After the FaxMaker folder has been renamed, use your backup to create a new FaxMaker folder:
If you backed up the entire FaxMaker folder, copy that folder to the C:\Program Files (x86)\GFI folder.
If you backed up specific files, then create a new folder called FaxMaker in the C:\Program Files (x86)\GFI location and copy these files in that folder.
Inside this FaxMaker folder, create a folder data, and inside the data folder create a folder called databases. The files fmdb_rul.mdb and usernmg.fdb will be moved to the C:\Program Files (x86)\GFI\data\databases folder after creation.
- Before installing, ensure the installer you are using is the same as the version the back was taken from. For example, if the backup is from 19.1, then use the 19.1 installer to install FaxMaker. The installers are listed in this knowledge base article.
- Return to the Reinstall FaxMaker article and complete the installation. Upon completion, open the FaxMaker Configuration and confirm the configuration details are listed.
- Finally, using the Upgrade FaxMaker article, you can upgrade FaxMaker to the latest version.
After applying either solution above or manual reconfiguration, the FaxMaker Configuration will be populated with the specific configuration details for your environment.