When using a Brooktrout SR140, a license is required. If attempting to trial FaxMaker with a Brooktrout SR140 and your trial license is not working or your extended trial license does not work either, this article provides steps to take to use the FDTool (Fax Diagnostic Tool by Dialogic) license for a trial license in your SR140.
In order to use the FDTool license as a trial license in the SR140, you must use the license provided with the FDTool. Follow the instructions below to complete this process:
- Download the FDTool from the Using the FDTool article.
- Once downloaded, extract the fdtool folder to a usable location.
- Open the extracted fdtool folder and open the bin folder.
- Locate the fdtool.dlk file and copy it to the C:\Program Files (x86)\GFI\FaxMaker\brooktrout\TR1034\Boston\Bin folder.
- From programs, open the Brooktrout License Manager, right-click and run as administrator.
- From the top ribbon, select Activate and step through the prompts until the license is activated. Be sure the server has internet access to accomplished.
- Once the license has been activated, from Programs, open the Brooktrout Configuration Tool, right-click and run as administrator.
After following the steps above, the SR140 will now be available for configuration and use through the expiry date in the Brooktrout License Manager for trial use.