During the process of installing an upgrade, you may have encountered an error and the installation reverted to the previous version.
This situation left your system unusable, and you can’t send faxes or SMS anymore.
This issue may be related to the integrity of the installer package, as the following messages are found in installation logs:
[5A30:2078][2022-03-14T13:15:20]e000: Error 0x80091007: Failed to verify hash of payload: pay20DC39CA707F0D8BB24DF2B8B52476D0
[5A30:2078][2022-03-14T13:15:20]e310: Failed to verify payload: pay20DC39CA707F0D8BB24DF2B8B52476D0 at path: C:\ProgramData\Package Cache\faxmaker.maininstall.x64\faxmaker.msi, error: 0x80091007. Deleting file.
- Download the FaxMaker installer again, to make sure the executable package is not corrupt.
- Uninstall the old FaxMaker and delete the registry entries:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432node\GFI Fax and Voice 64bit
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\GFI Fax and Voice 32bit
- Restart the server.
- Run the newly-downloaded FaxMaker installer and follow the instructions on Installing FaxMaker, pointing the installation to the same path where the previous version was, so the Configuration Wizard can reuse the settings.